A lot has happened in my life this year, but the one thing that effected me the most was my mother’s cancer diagnosis. After realizing how important our health is, I decided I want a healthier lifestyle. Even though I’m not a coffee drinker and I don’t smoke, I know it won’t be easy but I’m willing to try.
So here are my 5 personalized healthy habits that I want to adopt from now on:
- Drink a lot of liquids – Ok. I know that I should say “Drink a lot of water” but I’m not a water person. Not even a bit. I really prefer drinking something that tastes of… something. A juice, a tea, syrup with water, anything but simple water. So, I decided to start drinking more liquids and healthier ones.
- Eat less junk food – I’m officially a junk food addict. I love eating a Big Mac, drinking Coca-Cola and french fries. Not very healthy, huh? That’s why I ‘m trying to reduce my junk food eating.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables – I recently started taking vitamins like vitamin C, calcium, magnesium… the important ones. And that’s because I’m sure I don’t take my necessary vitamins from my daily food. I’m sure that if I start eating more fruits I will obtain more of my necessary vitamins than I do now. Even though I’m not much into vegetables, I mean I’m a very picky person when it comes to food (this will be elaborated on another article), I can find some attractive veggies. For example, I like eating carrot sticks instead of popcorn when I’m watching a movie.
- Maintain a positive attitude – I am a positive person and I intend on remaining like this also in the future. It’s healthier to be a stress-free person.
- Get enough sleep and rest – This is a hard one. It’s hard to get enough sleep and rest with a three year old kid.
So, be positive, be strong, be healthier. This is a good motto.